3/18/11

Welcome to Third Trimester

This week I entered the third and final trimester of my pregnancy. As of March 16th I was 3 months away from my due date. This is all going so crazy fast! Part of me is scared to death of giving birth and wants to postpone as long as possible, and the other part is wishing she was born yesterday. I've continued to have trouble sleeping and when I do, I have very strange baby-related dreams. Here are some gems for you:

-I constantly dream that I'm at the doctor and for whatever reason they do an ultrasound that reveals that our baby is a BOY and not a girl. I hate this dream, ha ha.

-Several times I have had dreams that my baby comes out HUGE. Like, walking and talking huge. The doctors are always clueless as to why she's so big, like it was something they couldn't catch. How's that for a subconscious fear? :)

-Of course there's been the "baby mix up at the hospital" dream. I had a dream the other night that they accidentally gave our little girl to someone else but in return let us choose any baby we wanted from the nursery. I'm not sure how anyone got home with their own baby with this procedure!

Anyway, my dreams have been entertaining to say the least.

I've been feeling really good lately about this whole being a mom thing. I am learning to run on 3 hours of sleep, I'm mastering the art of concealer under my eyes (something I've never had to do before), and I somehow get through the days without a nap. I feel like I'll be well prepared in the sleep area for this little child!

I've been really struggling, however, with this whole being a huge whale thing. I haven't gained more weight than I should, but I feel so huge compared to everyone around me. I hate shopping for clothes. I recently went to a bachelorette party for my sister-in-law, Carleigh, where everyone dressed up all fancy. I was able to squeeze my fat butt into a pre-pregnancy dress that was considerably stretchy and I did my hair the best I could. (I have a limited time frame for primping. My feet start KILLING after a while!) While I thought I looked good when I left, I was sure a sore thumb in this group of skinny girls! Ah, oh well. I'll be hot again one day :)

I'm starting to get comments from strangers, now. It's amazing to me the things people feel like they can say to you just because you are pregnant. Some of my favorites:

"Wow, you look like you've put on a lot of baby weight!" -someone I've never met in my life

"I don't know if we can both fit through here! *giggle*" -random lady at the craft store while passing me in the aisle. I'm not sure why she said this. I wasn't walking sideways or anything.

"WOW you are PREGNANT."

"What are you, like 8 months?" NO. I'm 6, thank you very much!

It makes me laugh when they happen, but I get annoyed with people. For some reason you can tell a pregnant lady she's gotten chubbier and it's okay. If you tell a regular person they have gotten chubbier, its rude. I know I'm not the only pregnant lady this has ever happened to, but it's still annoying :)

Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling. There's my update for you all.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna see more pics of you looking like a whale! :)

    My dad was the worst at commenting on my weight. He kept saying how Eli would probably be such a big baby because I was so big (even though I always measured exactly). Then he'd compare me to Megan Call, who was two months farther, and say how I was a lot bigger than her. Gah! Why to make us feel better, huh? What I think is worse than the pregnant hugeness is after you have the baby and then have all this excess flab. You can no longer say you've got a baby in there and it's so hard to lose!

    Hang in there! Your time is flying by.

    ReplyDelete