8/23/12

Old Bones

Two nights ago Audrey was really struggling with sleep.  She was crying and only wanted to be held.  She seemed really scared and was acting really strange.  It was 1am, and we all needed some sleep, so I decided to lie down on her floor.  She was really pleased with this scenario, and took about 5 minutes to fall back to sleep (during those five minutes, checking to make sure I was still there several times).  I was tired, too, so I ended up falling asleep and spending the night in Audrey's room...on the floor.  I haven't slept on the floor with just a blanket since having sleepovers with my cousin when I was 10.  I should have known better.

8:30 am rolled around (yay for sleeping in!) and my alarm clock was a cute little, "mama, mama!" softly spoken by Audrey.  I smiled as I woke up hearing that, but quickly realized, "oh my gosh...I can't move.  I CAN'T MOVE!"  My back was aching, my neck was stiff, and I couldn't feel one of my arms.  Audrey started getting impatient with me as I tried to regain mobility.  It took me a good 15 minutes to get up from the floor after spending the night there, and I am still recovering from it today.  I'm just getting to old for that kind of stuff, haha!

Oh well, at least it made Audrey happy and we all got SOME kind of sleep that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment