12/8/12

My Daughter Max

Before our trip Audrey and I purchased a few new books to take with us.  I thought having new books would be exciting and therefore keep her entertained a little longer than our usual books.  I didn't actually read the books before buying them and Audrey actually picked them out based on what she liked on the cover.

One of the books she picked was called Max and Ruby's Snowy Day.

It looked cute enough.  Two little bunnies playing in the snow.  A nice book to read for the winter season.  Out of the three books we bought this one was Audrey's favorite.  It is so boring.  She wants us to read it to her again and again, and of course we oblige.  Because (I think) we've read this book to Audrey so much, she's started a new strange behavior.

In the book Ruby, Max's older sister, says things like, "here you go, Max" and "okay, Max, I'll get our snowsuits."  Max's name is mentioned quite a bit in this book.  The other day I was handing Audrey a snack and I said, "here you go, babe."  She quickly corrected me, "here you go, MAX."  I laughed, thinking she was simply quoting the book.  She's continued this for a couple weeks now.  Any time we say her name, she corrects us by saying Max.  If we don't say anything at all she'll say, "here you go, Max" when getting something she wants.  It's so weird, but so hilarious.  She even makes her Lovey Bunny call her Max when they are playing together.

I still call her Audrey, and sometimes she's okay with it.  I just don't think she looks like a Max, is all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment