7/28/08

Floating around for Six Months

We've almost officially moved out of Wymount. All of our belongings are in a storage unit, we're sleeping in a basement in Sandy, and tomorrow we're going to clean and leave our keys in our old wymount cinder-prison. So, here we are, basically homeless for six months! We won't have a place of our own until January when we come back from Bulgaria. Of course, we'll have apartments in Bulgaria, but that's hardly home :). In all of this transition, I've become quite anxious. For about a week before we moved out I couldn't sleep at night. I would have crazy dreams about leaving our apartment, going to Bulgaria, and more recently--getting shots! I've been in this very sleepy, anxious state for two weeks, and I must say it's really uncomfortable.

I knew that moving into Tony's family's basement would take some adjusting. It's only my second night here and I'm doing well, but I'm still not sleeping and I keep myself up running different thoughts through my head. Last night I even took some Benadryl to help myself chill out and catch some Z's. I feel like I've handled these emotions fairly well but today I completely broke down. I went for a jog this afternoon, which I thought would help with my anxiety, came home, showered, and as I was straightening my hair I just broke down into tears. I guess I just didn't know how to handle all of this "stuff" that's being thrown at me. Don't get me wrong, I like it here with Tony's family--they're great! I'm also VERY excited about Bulgaria. I've just been so stressed/anxious for so long that I suppose I just couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't help the tears. I wasn't sad and I wasn't hurt, I really think I just had this major buildup of crazy emotions and it was kind of nice to let it out. I think I'm going to convince Tony to go out on a date this weekend. Just the two of us. No moving, no cleaning, no worrying--just fun! Something like that sounds like it would hit the spot for me right now.

Sorry if this post sounded like an invite to a pity party. That wasn't my intention at all. This is just a place for me to kind of vent.

I do want to, in contrast to the above, record one of the best days I've had for a very long time. It all started with a simple сердечни поздрави from our good friend Krassy. That probably doesn't mean a lot to you, but it does to me. It's "heartfelt greetings". From my little Bulgarian grammar book correspondences that I read, I've gotten the impression that only the dearest of friends say that to each other (not the case, it's just that I only know Boiko and Patricia from my books, haha). So, for Krassy to say this to me made my day, truly it did. Then I had a big day ahead of me. I skipped on over to Dr. Magarell's office to get my course contract signed. This was the final step in getting everything set up for my international study. That went splendidly. I went to the ISP office, where, as you know, they only employ the brightest and friendliest employees *insert sarcasm*, and they met my every need! For the first time, everyone was saying "yes" to me. Unfortunately, so did the immunizations department at the Health Center...so now I have to get two shots tomorrow, ick!

Anyway, I just thought I should write that down so that when I get mad things aren't going my way, I can look back and remember the day that everyone said "yes". :)

2 comments:

  1. I will miss having you so clase in Provo. I understand all of the emotional buildup. I hope things get better for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two have a lot going on. Hopefully after all the prep your experience in Bulgaria will make it all worth it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete