7/25/09

Almost Pretty

Yesterday at work I was driving the little girl I nanny to some "foam party" thrown by the Lehi Fire Department and she said something that just cracked me up:

Gracie: Hollie, you're kinda pretty!

Me: Well, thanks, Gracie! I think you're pretty, too.

Gracie: Hmmm, do you want to know why you're KINDA pretty?

Me: Sure, why not, let's boost my self esteem a little.

Gracie: Well, the thing is, your blonde hair doesn't curl like mine does. When your hair is curled it's all tight and scrunchy. My blonde hair is big and not scrunchy curls. Maybe one day your hair will be curled like mine and then you can be all the way pretty.


Wow. Good to know. I didn't realize the fashion sense this 3-year-old had hidden in her! I'll have to buy some product and curling irons so that I, too, can one day be pretty...all the way pretty. :)

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I'd hate to hear what she has to say about my hair, esp. since I'm not even blonde!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Jack was almost three, I picked him up after having my hair cut. I asked him what he thought of it. He said, "I love it! You look just like dad!"
    Yep. Just what I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete