7/10/09

To the Top of the World!

Tomorrow Tony and I are hiking Lone Peak. I'm sure some of you have been on this hike (probably with Tony). I'm writing about this particular hike ahead of time because I am a little nervous about it. Tony's told me stories of climbing over boulders with thousands of feet to drop on either side, about how you get dizzy at the top, the fact that it's 13 MILES LONG.

I am, however, really excited for the hike as well. It will totally test my fitness level and it will be a fun day activity....all day activity. We'll be hiking (with rests and lunch breaks) for about 12 hours. Plus, 13 miles is a half marathon basically, so if I can do it up a mountain, I can for sure do it jogging lightly on the ground! ;)

I'm about to head to the store to get some food and other supplies we need for the hike tomorrow. We have to wake up at 6:00am to start the day. Wooooooo hoo.

In other news, the little boy I nanny said to me as I was walking out the door to go home today, "bye, Hollie! I love you!" What the? It was nice because today I was REALLY tired and kind of irritable but the kids helped me get in a better mood and the fact that he told me he loved me made me feel like I am doing something worthwhile for my job right now.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for our hike! It's going to be great! We'll just take it slow and steady, and when we get there, we get there. We have plenty of time if we get on the mountain early enough.

    See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your hike!
    I'm glad your husband decided to come back. He seems so nice! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We almost made it to the top! We certainly went FAR enough to get there, just not in the right direction. Doh!

    ReplyDelete