9/27/09

Creative Juices

Lately I've been trying to be creative. It started with a cake for Tony's birthday. I am quite notorious for my baking disasters in the kitchen. I never burn anything and it always TASTES good, but something falls apart or something else happens so that it just looks hideous. Well folks, this time I did my homework and took two days to make the cake you see below. It was the most gorgeous, most delicious yellow cake I've ever had. I'll refer you to the recipe if you wish. I think next time I won't use a ganache frosting (it was a bit too rich) but other than that it was perfection. Nothing I did mind you, I just found a good recipe with good tips and instructions.

I put it in a cake box to keep it safe on its journey to Sandy.


In other creative news, Tony bought me a Silhouette for an early birthday present. His company was having a huge warehouse sale and so it was only $100! Its regular retail price is $299. He also hooked me up with a free unlimited year subscription to the online store where I can download all of the images I want! Yay for husbands who work at scrapbooking companies!


I made this card with my Sil for my friend Amie, who graduated from college this past Saturday.








And last but not least, here is my "Halloween Blocks" project. I don't have many Halloween decorations so I made some. I bought the wooden blocks at Robert's, painted them, cut some cute halloween letters and shapes with my Sil, glued them down, and used some modgepodge to hold it all in place. I love them! Tony suggested that on the other side I make it say "Trick or Treat" so I can have two messages. I liked the idea and I plan on doing that sometime this week. I feel so crafty!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I am so excited for you and your new acquisition! You will be die cutting for everything in sight! Love the card and blogs, and....
    the cake! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your projects look good! Those aren't still on sale are they?? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to buy one at that price. Let me know! Keep up the crafting!

    ReplyDelete