7/12/10

Running and Hiking

So, I haven't been mentioning much about running on here lately.  Heck, I haven't been mentioning much of anything on here lately!  I am scrambling to finish my online classes in time for graduation.  I keep having recurring nightmares about showing up to BYU and having them tell me that I actually can't graduate.  Once this is over, I will probably be a completely different person! :)

A while back (not sure if I mentioned it) I began a training program for a 10K race.  I'm all signed up and ready to go!  I'm going to run in the Deseret News Marathon/10K on July 24th.  Today I booked a hotel room in SLC so I don't have to get up SUPER early the day of the race.  My race starts at 6am and waking up at 4am to get there is just not appealing at all.  It may sounds silly, but I am so excited to stay in a hotel!  Even if it is just 45 minutes away, I'm super excited.  I'm also excited to run my first ever 10K.  Hopefully I finish alive and well.  I'm sure Tony will snap lots of pictures and record video as well.

I've not been doing my 10K program because we've been hiking so much.  Tony had me go on lots of hikes to prepare for Lone Peak:  The Second Attempt.  We didn't make it to the top because of bad weather, but we sure had a good time and my legs are more than ready to take on a race.  I am hoping to get in one last long run before Monday of next week and then just do some short ones to rest my legs.  I'm so excited to run this race.  I have a feeling it will be pretty emotional for me.  I'll let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment