8/18/10

Food, Inc.

No more excuses!  School is over and now I shall blog frequently!

Tony recently talked me in to watching a documentary called Food, Inc.  Ever seen it?  You should.  It really opened my eyes to what goes on in the food industry and why it is important to support local farmers.  A lot of you are probably thinking that Food, Inc. is one of those scare documentaries something similar to a Michael Moore film, but it's not.  While it does gross you out a bit, it all makes sense and really informs the viewer about the food they are eating.

Upon viewing this film Tony and I decided that we were going to buy natural food as much as we could.  We took a trip to a store called Good Earth and bought some things.  While a bit pricey, we felt like we could try our best to get a few things here and there from this store.  Today, I stopped by a place called Sunflower Farmers Market in Orem.  It was a great place!  Lots of local, natural food for reasonable prices!  I got almost 3 pounds of grain-fed organic ground beef for around $5.00.  I also stopped by a farmers stand along State Street on my way home.  The smells alone from that place are enough to go there.  It smelled so wonderful!  I got some tomatoes, raspberries, blackberries, and peppers (all local).  Not to mention, the peppers smell like Bulgaria, and it made me miss that place so much!  I'm going to make a nice, all-natural Shopska salata later :) Mmmmm.


Watch the Trailer by Clicking on the Image Above

I would really encourage all of you to see Food, Inc. and try to support the local farmers in your area!

No comments:

Post a Comment