1/28/11

20 Week Appointment

Many of you probably saw on facebook, but I feel like I should post in my blog, too. For you lucky readers, this will be a little more detailed than my facebook status update was.

Today was our big day, the 20 week appointment/anatomy scan. We went in 9am for our ultrasound, and it was a really great experience. Little Baby A was very cooperative and was moving around a lot. All of the organs are working and it's weighing in at a healthy 12 ounces. It was cute that baby A was sticking out its tongue during the ultrasound. It also had its hand behind its head, like it was resting on it. The stomach looked good, all of its organs are developing well. The ultrasound tech went from head to bum and finally was able to tell us what we were really waiting for. As we saw our baby spread eagle for the camera the technician told us...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


GIRL!

I was so surprised. I had sort of a feeling it was a boy but not enough to bet on it, I don't think. I'm still sort of in another world with all of the excitement and emotions that are rushing through me. Now that I know more about our little baby girl, I feel like it's so much more real. It was kind of funny how the first thing I thought about was the fact that I will have to worry about doing her hair when she's older, haha!

I've moved on from stressing about pregnancy to stressing about how in the world I will sufficiently raise this little girl. I feel like a real mom now, already worrying!

(belly pics coming soon)

1 comment: