1/12/11

Baby on the Brain

I've been pretty crummy at updating this blog during my pregnancy, (let's face it, I've been slacking for a while now) and I know some of you might be interested in how things are going so I'll give you a few of the latest newsworthy happenings.

  • I've had three doctor's appointments so far. At each of them the baby has done something funny to entertain everyone involved. At one, the baby moved around so much they couldn't get a heart rate reading for a while. At the one today, it totally punched the doppler. As active as this kid is this early on, I am confident it gets its energy levels from Tony. It's been perfectly healthy each time, and we're really grateful for that.
  • Even though we have an active little fetus I haven't felt much of anything from him/her. A couple times I've felt what I thought was the baby, but since this is my first I have no idea what to expect in this department. Everyone talks about "flutters" but I don't know what that means! I can definitely tell there's a baby in there, but it's not quite beating me up yet.
  • Yes, fetus is still an "it." Until two weeks from Friday! We are going in on January 28th for the full anatomy scan and we'll find out what we're having. We have our feelings as to what it is, but we're trying not to dwell on them because we don't want to think we're having one thing and then have to "get used" to the idea of the other. :) We will be taking wagers and guesses. Winners get...bragging rights.
  • I have been taking belly shots, but I can't find my camera right now to upload them. I will post some pictures of my ever-growing gut when I can locate my camera.
  • I haven't really craved anything strange, but I have been eating like a teenage boy. No amount of food can satisfy me. What's great about it is that I'm not gaining excessive weight! I wish it could always be like this...
  • I've been exercising more, and it feels amazing. I am still a little lazier than I'd like to be. I only do a solid workout once or twice a week, but I walk a lot for my job and I typically count that. I also count trips to the grocery store. That's hard work as a pregnant lady!
  • Tony just informed me that he has found the basketball hoop he wants to get our infant child. This is a very important purchase for him (I think mostly because he'll play on it just as much as our kid) and I'm glad that he's found "the one." I think it's super cute that he gets excited for buying the baby things, even if its sports equipment. Here's the winner:
It's a Huffy One on One, and it's really similar in height to the fisher price hoops but it's obviously much cooler. Only the best for our baby! I'm sure I will get to experience a lot of games on this hoop, haha!


There hasn't been much going on in our lives besides working and me being pregnant. It's been so fun looking at baby things at the stores. Even the bottles are so fun to look at! While I can't wait to hold and show off my cute little baby, I'm trying to enjoy being pregnant--especially how portable the baby is! It's really fun, even if I am getting fatter :)




1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for some baby bump pics! I'm guessing girl, both your families are pretty girl dominated so it just seems to fit.

    P.S. We should hang out sometime!

    ReplyDelete