5/5/12

Girls' Night

I got to spend the evening with this cute girl while Tony went to the Jazz game with some work friends.  I was a bit hesitant to take her out so close to her bedtime, but it was so much fun and she loved it.  We started off at the mall and then got some frozen yogurt at Menchie's for dessert.  Audrey loved the yogurt and I loved that it was a healthy treat for both of us.

On our way home, I had the Jazz game on the radio and when they made a good play I shouted "woo!"  Audrey repeated me and giggled.  Suddenly Audrey and I were "woo"ing back and forth and cracking up like dorkwads.  She would yell "woo!" then I'd repeat it and then we'd both just laugh and laugh.  It sounds dumb but it was so much fun to hear her giggle like that.

We got home right at Audrey's bedtime and so she got into PJs and I made her a nice warm bottle.  I decided that I would try holding Audrey while she drank it (usually this is not a good choice and results in a mega fit.  Audrey likes to drink her milk in. her. bed.)  Audrey laid contently in my arms as I rocked her and sang to her.  It was AMAZING.  Audrey's never been a super-cuddly girl, but while I sang and she ate she played with my hair, rubbed my face, took my hand and held it against her face, and even took breaks in her eating to sing along with me.  I almost cried I was so happy, ha ha!  After her bottle we brushed her teeth (all two of 'em) and she dozed off to dreamland quicker than normal.

I'd say she enjoyed girls' night as much as I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment