9/9/13

Be Happy!

So first, a confession.  Days of Our Lives (you know, the horribly cheesy soap opera?) is always on during Audrey's nap.  I watch it.  It is a nice, mindless thing to have on while I surf the web and relax a bit.  It's embarrassing how much I look forward to it.

I should say, I used to watch it.  Channel 5 switched things up so now Days of Our Lives is on at 1 am!  So, today I watched Studio 5--the show that now occupies my Days of Our Lives spot.  I actually quite enjoyed it.  I've seen the show before, but it's got a new format and the topics today were interesting to me.  At the beginning of the show they talked a lot about being happy.  They had a relationship coach who talked about ways to consciously be happy in your day to day life.  It got me thinking, and I really want to be a happier person.  Who doesn't?

I'm not a particularly angry person, but I do feel like the pressures and stresses of adult life have definitely changed my attitude and disposition.  I'm a mom to a toddler, so I'm tired and stretched to my limits every day.  Do you know that in 7th grade I won an award for "Person Most Likely to Bring a Smile to Your Face"?  It's true.  My English teacher, Mr. Knight, nominated me for it.  He gave a whole speech about how he was always excited when it was time for my class period because I always smiled at him as I walked in.  He said it put him in a good mood for the whole day.  I want to be that way again.

The relationship coach on Studio 5 gave a 7-day plan to Live Happy, and I'm going to try it out.  I think it will benefit not only me, but Tony and Audrey as well.



Here's to a happier me!

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice reminder! Thanks Hollie! Matt Townsend is a pretty awesome speaker! Oh, and there is no Studio5 equivalent here...lame.

    ReplyDelete