3/1/14

A Girl and Her Bunny: Part 2

If you're new here, or don't recall who Lovey Bunny is, you can read A Girl and Her Bunny (Part 1) to learn more about Audrey's best friend.

At night to fall asleep or when she's feeling anxious, Audrey will rub the ends of Lovey's ears.  She's done this for as long as she's had him.  The other day she brought lovey to me and revealed his new "owwie".  A great, big hole on his right ear -- her favorite spot to rub.


I knew I couldn't just stitch this hole together without creating some weird-looking gaps, so I began researching how to sew a patch on.  I had never done it before and I was quite nervous to do such major surgery on Lovey.  Audrey knows if something's different with him and refuses to use the back-up Lovey we have so I knew I was treading dangerous waters with this whole patch idea.

I began talking to her about putting a patch on Lovey's ear and how it would be a lot like a band-aid.  When I knew for sure she was okay with the idea, we went to the fabric store and she picked out some flannel for me to make a patch with.  I could tell it was making her nervous as she was rubbing Lovey's ear the whole time we were there :).

She made sure to find the perfect color for Lovey's ear.
She told me she wanted Lovey to have a heart patch, so I tried my best.  I spent this evening carefully applying Lovey's new patch as Audrey stayed close and watched.  I was so relieved that when I handed Lovey over she really liked the patch.


Now I'm just waiting until I have to sew a matching one on his other ear.  It's already quite threadbare and I don't think it will be long.

No comments:

Post a Comment