1/22/08

Just Call Me "Four Eyes"

Today I visited the eye doctor for the first time in ten years. (You know your old when you can say you did something for the first time in ten years) I must admit, I was a little nervous because of the semi-traumatic experience I had visiting the doctor when I was 11 years old. I'm speaking more specifically of "the poof". If you've been to the eye doctor, you probably know what I'm talking about. They put your eyeball as close as humanly possible to this little round contraption that (with no warning) blasts a puff of air right into your eye. When I was ten, my eye doctor strapped my arms down so I wouldn't jump back when it happened and quite frankly--it freaked me out. So today at the eye doctor I was cracking up the nurse (is she a nurse?) because I was shaking I was so nervous. Long story short, the poof wasn't that bad, but I still hate it.

After my poof experience they took me to the room where they put the big, dorky machine on your face and say "better, worse, or the same?" "A or B?". Those reading the lines tests always make me feel stupid because I'll read out loud "Q E T U Y Z" and no, it was in fact "R I L P T S". After all of that silliness, we all figured out that I have astigmatism and that I will now be wearing part-time glasses. I was relived that I didn't have to go through the learning how to wear contacts business. So, with the help of the friendly receptionists, I picked some cute frames and this time next week I'll be a regular, glasses-wearin' woman.


1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the poof thing, I never like doing that! Welcome to the glasses world, you'll have to put a picture up of those cute frames.

    ReplyDelete