1/10/08

Back to Ordinary Life

All of the Christmas hubub is over now, and Tony and I are finally getting back into the swing of regular life. We had a great time in Indiana spending time with my family, despite the constantly busy schedule they kept us on :).

I'm very excited to be back in Provo, and this excitement has made me think a little about our future. Namely, where we will live when school's over. The thought of moving away from Provo, a place full of wonderful memories, made me really sad. Tony and I met in Provo, dated in Provo, and started our new life together in Provo. As saddening as it is to me to leave this great place, I've decided I want to live in Pheonix, Arizona. I'm not really sure why, other than the fact that yesterday I heard it is very inexpensive to live there & the nice weather all year round. While I realize this statement will greatly upset all of the small-town, stay-in-one-place-your whole life people in my family, I like the idea! It's close to "home" for us, and it's warm :).

I'm also very excited for this new semester I'm beginning. I'm only taking 12 credit hours to lighten my load a bit and there are no more of the 100-level MFHD classes for me. I'm taking 300 and 400 level classes and they are VERY interesting! I'm loving it! The devotional I attended on Tuesday also made me very excited to be here. At home in Indiana there were a couple of short moments of the infamous guilt trip about not being a music major anymore. "Everyone in the ward was praying for you, so they all wonder why you quit" sorta deal. I know I've mentioned this before, but let me clarify: I did not "quit" because it was too hard. I believe that I was improving a lot musically before I switched my major and that I can do anything I really put my mind to, even music. The reason I switched majors is because through a series of events, I was led to a different path. I realized what I was good at, what I wasn't, and what my real dreams were. Sister Samuelson in the devotional talked about doors that Heavenly Father opens and shuts for us because he can see each of our 'big pictures'. Sometimes you can't be things you thought you wanted to be, or do things you thought you wanted to do, because Heavenly Father doesn't want you to for one reason or another. I was greatful for her comforting words. I know that Heavenly Father knows my talents, and knows where I will succeed in life. I have put my total trust in Him--and that's why I swtiched my major, because I trust my Heavenly Father with my future. I did not make this decision on a whim, or alone. I attended the temple and prayed to my Father in Heaven to help me and guide me. He did, and this is where I am today, because of His guidance and knowledge of what is best for me. ...so step off :)

On a different note, I could possibly be switching jobs. I'll just briefly mention why. 1) my boss is ignorant, rude, and has no empathy whatsoever for any of her employees. 2) A better job with better pay has been offered to me at BYU.

I'm looking forward to 2008. Great things are in store, I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment