12/27/07

Holiday Greetings

We sure hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We sure had a great one, full of lots of gifts and many blessings!

We spent our Christmas Day this year in Sandy with Tony's parents. It was a really great, relaxing day. We woke up and I was introduced to a new Christmas tradition. "The Rope". Apparently when Tony and his sisters were all little, his mom tied a ribbon around the top of the staircase to show that they couldn't go down and peek at what Santa had left for them in their stockings. (Tony and I slept in the basement, so we had to kind of run up there really fast for a picture) It was really cute and it seems to have worked! After the ribbon cutting ceremony, we looked through our stockings and had a simple but magnificant breakfast of cinnamon rolls, fruit, breakfast casserole, and hasbrowns. After breakfast we moved on to the good stuff--opening presents! It was so funny to watch Candace and Caity open their gifts, and I got a lot of really great things from Carmie (thank you!). The present opening lasted from probably 10:30 to 1:30.

Now we head off to my homeland this Sunday to have Christmas the Second with my parents and extended family. I am really excited to spend some time with my mom. You know, go shopping, get polar pops, all the usual things. I don't get to see her very often, my mom is a wonderful support and friend and I am very excited to be able to hang out with her. Of coure I'm excited to hang out with my dad and sisters, too! :)

P90X is still going wonderfully. We get to switch up our diet in a week so now week can eat three servings of carbs instead of just one! Hooray! I don't think either of us have shed anymore inches, but Tony did get some dumbells for Christmas so maybe that will help!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment