12/3/07

Group Projects -- Group Schmojects

For the most part I'd say that I enjoy college, but one thing I hate more than anything about it is GROUP PROJECTS. This may just be my independent/loner side coming out, but I am sure that most of you feel the same about this group project thing. You get a bunch of fairly intelligent humans together, all who wish to share their insights and opinions (which are usually good), and even though you have four or five smart people working at it, everyone's grade is lower because you all had to work together. Stupid. However, group projects are nowhere near as horrible as group papers. I want to meet the individual who decided, "Hey, let's make four people write a paper together instead of just one". I'm sure it was some researcher somewhere, probably in my field. (we're all about the unity in the MFHD world)

Other than stressing myself to the point of nausea over this group project I have, life's good. We're anxiously awaiting our infomercial-ordered P90X workout system, guaranteed to have us ripped in 90 days! (Lame, I know) Don't worry, though, I did my research and many claim that it is a good thing. I'm quite excited to see the results. Tony and I are doing the whole before & after thing too, complete with pictures and measurements. I think I'll spare the blogging world an upset stomach by not posting our pictures up, though. We'll see what this P90X thing can do, and whether or not it will royally kick my butt.

Two Sundays ago we put up our Christmas decorations. It was really fun! We put on some Christmas tunes, decorated the tree, and put some lights out on our porch railings. It was fun to open our own box of Christmas decorations and not have to go out and buy a bunch of stuff! Our tree looks lovely, complete with blue and silver BYU/Utah Jazz colored ornaments. It even has a present underneath!

Last thought: the semester is almost over! Yay! I think semesters are the perfect length. Right as soon as I begin to hate my life and school, it's over! Then I rest for a couple of weeks and I'm ready to go back for more learnin'. Needless to say, I hate school right now and Christmas break is so close I can almost taste it. I NEED Christmas break to come!

I hope all is well for everyone out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment