12/22/08

Christmas

This past week I've been filled with most of the feelings of Christmas. Tony and I did our shopping and I love buying presents for people! I finished up buy presents for my sisters and Caity (whose name I have in the name drawing), and I've just felt so wonderful all week long. I really felt like I was finally getting that taste of the Christmas spirit.

However, on Sunday there was a Christmas program and naturally most of the lessons were Christmas-based. Sometime during Sacrament I starting thinking about all of the kids in Bulgaria I worked with. What are they doing for Christmas? How many presents do they get? Will they get to see any of their family? Do they even look forward to Christmas like I do?

I slowly began to change my Christmas feelings. My heart was breaking all during church and I was ready to let loose the tears at any moment. I wish that I could send all of them gifts, I wish that I could give them the Christmas I'm so used to having and probably take for granted. I claim not to have money to send to the orphans in Bulgaria, but I just spent quite a bit of it for Christmas here.
Some of you probably wish I would just "get over it", but I can't. I miss Bulgaria. I miss my kids. I wish that I could give them the things I have, the things I've had for years. I pray for them everyday, especially when I miss them. It's even difficult for me to finish up my homework because everytime I do, I begin to get sad and teary-eyed.

I want to encourage everyone to think about someone else this Christmas. Someone who doesn't have millions of gifts to open, or a huge Christmas dinner. I think this Christmas I won't take things for granted like I have my whole life. I am so grateful for everything I have, and I only wish I could share it!




2 comments:

  1. И на мене ми липсват ония дечица!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you never 'just get over it' because that's what we're here for. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete