12/26/08

Getting Ready for the New Year

Today was a wonderful Christmas filled with surprises, wonderful gifts, and a sense of gratitude I have never felt before. I told Tony that all day long I could hear Mimi's voice from the night we helped the kids hang Christmas decorations in the orphanage saying "Vecela Koleda!" in a Tiny Tim sort of voice. It was a very happy, relaxing day, and I'm grateful for that.

Don't get jealous, I won't be relaxed for long! Tomorrow is an exciting, yet admittedly stressful, day. We found an apartment to live in (hallelujah) and we are moving into it TOMORROW! It's so beautiful on the inside. I'll have to post pictures after we get our stuff all settled in. I'm really excited for this new change in our lives. I am so anxious to get back to what I remember as "normal life"--Tony and I just chillin' out in the apartment while Tony watches a Jazz game and I either take a nap or study for some exam I procrastinated studying for. Ahh, the good ol' days :). So, yeah, I'm definitely excited for that event.

I am also excited/stressed about the upcoming semester at BYU! Hooray! The more school I go to, the more I like it. Weird, I know. I'm really excited for my new, interesting schedule. I'm NOT excited about the stinky generals I have to take because I put them off, but it's okay. I'll learn a lot of interesting things. If you are curious as to what I am taking this semester, take a look at THIS:
  • American Heritage (a class I chickened out of my freshman year)
  • Jogging
  • Exercise Sciences
  • The Living Prophets
  • Adolescent Development in Society and Family (sooooooo pumped for this class)
  • Parenting & Child Guidance

Sounds like a pretty fun-filled semester, eh?

I'm also job-hunting. This passtime is probably the one I'm the least talented at. I could go to 20 interviews in one day and not get a single offer. Maybe I need to change deodorant or something.... I am NOT happy about having to look for a job. Once I get one I'll be fine, it's the hunting part that stinks.

Tony and I have a lot of interesting challenges/changes/adjustments ahead of us this coming New Year. We are ready for them and we're excited to take new steps in different directions!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Have fun taking back your unwanted gifts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment