1/5/09

Maintenence Man

I haven't written for a LONG time because since moving in to our new apartment, we haven't had internet. We called the office everyday last week and all we got was one visit about 6 hours after the appointment was scheduled for. He showed up, seemed quite baffled, told me he was going to check the "downstairs connection" and never returned. We're pretty frustrated.

I'm currently (or currantly according to my Religion professor) in the BYU library, a place I haven't visited for a VERY long time. I was expecting to find a sense of belonging and excitement as I entered these oh-so-familiar doors. I actually feel insanely out of place! Maybe it's the limp I'm sporting today because of my injured foot (see paragraph below for more details), but for some reason I feel like everyone is looking at me funny. I've checked my zipper, zipped. I am 98.9% sure I put on deodorant AND perfume today. I brushed my hair and my teeth, I don't know what's into these people! Maybe I'm just noticing it more than usual, who knows. My point is, my first day back on campus hasn't been the sunshiney, skipping day I thought it would be. It's a blizzard outside, my foot feels broken, everyone is looking at me weird, and I'm carrying twice my weight in books. Not to mention my classes are terrifying me so far.

*sigh*

So, about the foot. Yesterday I was looking for some batteries for my new cookie press I got for Christmas. I was really excited to use it and I was bound and determined to find some dang batteries. I ventured into the office/weight room/sewing machine room where I was sure I would find at least a couple of AA's. As I made my way to the desk, I stubbed my toe on the leg of the chair. This wasn't a typical "stub" either. I rammed it pretty hard and even heard a couple cracks. I went down immediately. I then summoned the strength to walk in to where Tony was and tell him that I was hurt, and I thought it was bad. He promptly gave me some ice to put on my pinky toe and asked if I'd like to take a relaxing trip to the ER. I hate the ER so I said I'd wait. The pain is still there and it kills me to walk on it. This morning I even stubbed it AGAIN on some dumbbells we have in that same room. I was going to go to the Health center to get it checked out but other circumstances (rusted screws on my liscence plate preventing me from changing my old, expired plates to my new ones) caused me to get to school right on time for my first class. Hopefully it's okay, it just HURTS man!

For all you who are wondering what it's like to get back to real life after the holiday break: it's not that great, just keep having Christmas :)

1 comment:

  1. Eek! I've broken each of my pinky toes! Once jumping out of swings and landing on a sprinkler (ouch!), the other, just stubbed/smashed it real good. Turns out, doctors don't care that much about toes. I don't think they realize how critical they are to balancing. I couldn't wear shoes w/o walking like a dork! Sometimes the doc's will tape the toes, but that kills and it doesn't heal any faster. Hollie, let's go break their pinky toes so they can understand the pain! lol! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete