1/27/09

Our New Home

Since I don't have classes and I'm currently looking for a job, I spend a lot of time at home. I've gotten to know some of my neighbors and their crazy antics and I must say, our neighbors are interesting people.

It started this morning when I woke up. I got up to put some chapstick on my sore lips and went back to bed to rest for 30 minutes more, when I heard our lovely neighbors whose master bedroom borders ours. They are loud people and are often fighting. Today I got to be a part of their argument about dog hair on the pillow. I think I sided with the husband, who was voting to get rid of the dog altogether.

Then, after I returned from the gym I walked in and suddenly this booming loud music started. It startled me because it shook our walls! Picture frames moved and my head literally rattled. It was some sort of reggae funk. They were lucky I was flyin' high with my endorphins because otherwise I would have been kind of cranky. I decided to dance around as I got ready for the day and enjoy the reggae beat.

Lastly, my favorite part of living here. Across the hall from us lives a family with a couple of kids who often have friends over after school. Every day at 4 o'clock I begin to hear the faint notes of recorders. By 4:!5 they are blowing full strength into their instruments and I'm sure they are having a contest to see who can go the longest. I was annoyed by this at first, by now I look forward to the recorder ensemble rehearsals, they provide some sort of comfort as my day is coming to an end. One day I'm going to go over there and teach them how to actually play a song or something. I don't know how long I'll enjoy their contests.

Being at home all day isn't so boring after all.

2 comments: