1/29/09

You'll Never Know the Difference...

Last night Tony and I had Breakfast for dinner! I really love breakfast for dinner, especially when it's pancakes and bacon! I know what you're thinking, "But Hollie, you said you were eating healthy foods now! Did you fail yet another attempt at weight loss?" No way Jose! We had pancakes made from Fiber One pancake mix and Jenni-O Turkey Bacon, sick, right?

We loved it!

The pancakes were so filling with all of that extra fiber packed in, and with some low-cal syrup, you can't even tell they're decent for you! [added in later]-> Tony even did an experiment with the pancakes to see if my low-cal syrup really did hit the spot. He had two (they were small) pancakes for each sampling. On the first two, he put regular butter and regular syrup. On the second two, he used my zer0-calorie butter spray and the low-calorie syrup. I asked him which one he liked better and he informed me that both were tasty, and that the added calories and sugar of the real butter and syrup weren't worth it, that the lower calorie version was just as satisfying.

And the bacon, ohh the bacon, it was the best bacon I've ever eaten. Because it was lean, turkey meat, there weren't those big hunks of fat dangling off the ends of each piece (I hate that). It was crisp and yummy and good for us! It tasted so delicious and there's only 20 calories in each piece!

We both whole-heartedly reccomend this to everyone. Try these two fabulous food items! You'll love them.











4 comments:

  1. I think it sounds delish!
    I keep trying to tell everyone that Kashi cookies are such a tasty treat -- loads of fiber and 7 whole grains -- but they don't believe me. Oh well, more for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm in love with Kashi little chewies bars. I love the ones with almonds...Mmmm almonds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was reported on Oprah recently (this week)that regular bacon is actually better/healthier for you than turkey bacon or other turkey products (Turkey dogs etc.). Don't know the details. Something about the process to make the turkey into bacon adds a bunch of chemicals to the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this meal. The Fiber one pancake stuff is so yummy. I love the Fiber one cereal too you should try the carmel delight. So good you won't believe it is healthy!

    ReplyDelete