1/8/09

Inspired

Warning: this is a semi-boastful post, be ready to deal with that.

Starting in December (yes, BEFORE Christmas) I decided that I was going to start watching my weight and making healthy decisions. I, like all of us who begin this new food journey, was a little sad knowing I would be waving good-bye to some of my old friends french fries, pizza, burgers, etc. I did well over the holidays and even passed up those oh-so-yummy Lion House Rolls! I've been buying natural, healthy things and I've been pretty successful losing about a pound a week.

I am quite inspired and convinced that proper diet CAN be done after this week. This week I managed to eat Cafe Rio, Domino's Pizza, Crown Burger burger and fries, and Steak and Potatoes and still lost a pound or so (tomorrow is the official weigh-in day). I've heard everyone talk about watching your weight being so difficult because of the temptations of GOOD food like the stuff I mentioned above. I'm here to testify that it is indeed possible to lose weight and eat "yummy" food. You just have to eat it in moderation and compensate for the times you eat junky foods.

Like the day I ate Cafe Rio, for instance, I DID get a salad (salads there are far from healthy) but I ate that salad all day long. I had some cereal for breakfast, Tony and I had lunch at Cafe Rio, I didn't finish my lunch and saved it and munched on it all day. I was full, satisfied, and I got something to eat that other diets may have deemed "naughty". Yesterday we ate out at Crown Buger before the Jazz game. Yes, I got a cheese burger and fries but throughout the day knowing we would be eating out, I had filling oatmeal for breakfast and just munched on some healthy snacks (carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, etc.) to hold me over until our 5pm dinner.

See?? YOU CAN DO IT! I'm pretty amazed by my results this week, to be honest. But it just goes to show you that you don't have to go and cut your calories to 500 a day to lose the poundage. I did it pigging out on burgers and fries. It's all about compensation and moderation.

2 comments:

  1. That's great! I definitely agree that you can lose weight without denying yourself tasty food. It really is all about moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It definately takes determination! You are doing awesome! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete