2/2/09

Don't....Laugh.....

I have a confession to make. It's a very embarassing confession, so you all have to promise not to make fun of me.



I can't make hard-boiled eggs.



With all of the fancy things I CAN make, one would think that I could boil an egg. I've even looked up recipes. No matter what I do, I can't get it right! The yellow is always gooey! I sat here and counted up my failed attempts at hard-boiled eggs and the total is 8 so far. I bought all of the ingredients to make a yummy, healthy, cobb salad this week for lunch and as you know...that contains hard-boiled eggs. I don't want to screw them up again because I really want to have them in my salad!

How do you guys make hard-boiled eggs?


My life is SO hard.

5 comments:

  1. I place the eggs in a pot and cover them with water (just enough water so they're covered but no more). Then I bring them to a boil on high heat. Once they're in a roaring boil, I cover them with a lid, turn the head down to low, and set the timer for 10 minutes. Voila! Perfect hard-boiled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you already got an answer, because my method is to put them in a pot, cover them with water, bring them to a boil and try not to forget about them. One advantage to this method is that I never have soft yolks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trick I use is a little item that looks like an egg in shape but it is flat. You put it in the pot with your eggs. When it gets to the level you want (hard, medium soft) you pull it and all the eggs out. I dont remember the name, but I am sure if you went to Bed Bath and Beyond and tried the kitchen area you could find it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing wrong with boiling them for 10 minutes on low is that the yolk will come out overdone and gray. I LOVE egg salad and have found that the best way to boil eggs is. Cover them with water, throw them on the stove, once they are at a good rolling boil, time them for 2 minutes, then shut the heat off, and cover them with a lid for the next 10 (or however long...it really doesn't matter if they sit there for 4 hours either). That way your hard-boiled eggs are done clear through the yolk, but not overdone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 'My life is SO hard' line! It always seems to put things into perspective. The first time I heard the phrase was when Cory K. stubbed his toe and was wailing 'MY LIFE IS SOO HARD' at school.

    ReplyDelete