4/14/09

I Just Felt Like Runnin'

Ever since we've returned from Bulgaria I have been running for exercise. I've learned to really enjoy it (well, more than I used to) and it's kind of become my "thing" I guess. I decided in February that I would run a 5K when I felt I was ready. Tony agreed to help me train for it so that I could run the whole race start to finish. I know this doesn't seem like much, but for someone who was anti-running before, running 3.2 miles non-stop seemed like a huge feat.

As our budget is tight, I was realizing that I may not be able to pay for registration for this 5K I was planning on. It was only $30, but every penny counts in our current situation. I continued running and my motto was "only the money will stop me." I wanted to keep running like I was still meeting this goal, and the only thing that would prevent me from being able to finish this race was the fee I had to pay by yesterday.

Well, last night Tony and I did our favorite 4-miler and during that run Tony told me to go ahead and sign up for the race. So, I did! I am currently registered to run in the SLC Marathon 5K race this weekend. My goal isn't to get in the top three for my age group, or to beat a world record time, but simply to finish the race. Since I'm new, this race will be a good starting point for me. I just want to RUN the entire thing. I'm planning on running the Steel Days 5K this summer in American Fork, and I plan on actually racing in that one. I want to beat whatever time I get this weekend. Wish me luck!

1 comment: