4/7/09

Count My Many Blessings

I don't know if this is too personal for my blog, but I have been so filled with gratitude today that I want to express it somewhere!

Our lives have recently become a little bit harder, as Tony has lost his job due to the poor economy. I luckily have my Wendy's job, but that is nowhere near enough for us to survive. I haven't really been "freaking out" like everyone around us has (parents, in-laws, etc.) but I am slowly beginning to realize the seriousness of this situation. I have committed to being positive about life through all of this, so that we can be happy even though we may be struggling. A couple of things happened recently that I consider true blessings. These things are helping me look on the brighter side.


Blessing #1

Yesterday after a long day at work, I walked out to the car and noticed a voicemail I had from my dad. I raised my eyebrows a bit, as my dad usually doesn't call (he usually talks to me when my mom calls). I proceeded to listen to the voicemail, which brought tears to my eyes. My dad, who doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve, expressed how much he loved Tony and me, and how he knew that we would be okay. He encouraged us to pray and remain positive and promised that he would help us the best he could. He'll probably be embarrassed that I put this for all to see, but his message of encouragement added a smile to both of our faces as we listened to it and it truly made us feel better about our situation. Thanks, dad.

Blessing #2

This one may be TMI (too much info) but I warned you, so if you don't want to hear about it, don't read. Today I had my "annual" appointment with my "personal" doctor. He had a Healthy Living magazine in my exam room and when he asked what my husband did for a living I said "he works for that magazine right there! Well, used to work there..." I explained what had happened and my new doc seemed pretty sympathetic as he apologized for our situation.

When writing my prescription for my "baby medicine" as I called it when I was young, he asked how well our insurance covered my prescription. I informed him that we were on a high deductible insurance because we are pretty healthy folks and it's a cheaper monthly rate that way. I told him that the insurance didn't cover it at all, making my "baby medicine" $50 a month. My doctor gave me a sad face and told me he would return with my prescription. When he came back, he came back with three free samples of my prescription. He gave me three months worth of baby medicine for free! He said "I know what it's like to be a poor student. Tell your husband to take you out to McDonald's with this money you save." I literally started crying sitting on the table in my robe. I was fretting buying this prescription because I wasn't sure how we were going to afford it. Now, because of this kind doctor, I have three months free, which is a perfect amount of time for Tony to get a new job! THAT is a true doctor. Someone who actually cares for PEOPLE. What a blessing.

I don't want you to feel sorry for us, I just wanted to post these little blessings that have occurred in my life as of late. There truly is a Heavenly Father rooting for the Anderson team :). I love that guy!

P.S. If you do know of any web developer jobs (or any jobs for that matter) let us know!

4 comments:

  1. Those truly are blessings!
    Everything will work out. I can tell you from experience that if you have faith and hang in there miracles do happen.
    My cousin is a web designer. She was working in Logan and has just moved to SLC for a new job. I will e-mail her and ask if she knows of anything or anywhere that Tony could send his resume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to bring a pregnant woman to tears! Way to be positive! What a great doctor! Best of luck, keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I hope Tony's able to find something soon. But in the meantime we can all be grateful for people that go above and beyond to help us when we truly need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and way to look on the blessing side of things. I have always found that even the situations that at the moment could not get any worse later were little life lessons and something better came along. I am sure something great will come along! We keep you in our prayers! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete