3/31/09

Spring Break!

The last couple of days I've had the chance to spend some time with my sister, Andrea! She flew out from Indiana on her spring break and spent a couple of days with me. We've done so much stuff, it's almost been exhausting! On Monday we went prom dress shopping, and let me tell you, I'm glad I could just watch HER try on dresses. It was really awesome because we made our first stop at Allyse's Bridal, headed over to the clearance rack, and she found a dress for $100 that we both fell in love with. We tried looking at other places, but she just loved the glittery, hot pink one so much we went back and bought it! She got some really cute jewelry from a different dress store, and it looks so good with her dress! Yay!

Today we made a trip to UVU for a campus visit that we scheduled. It was actually really cool. UVU is a much nicer school than I thought it was. All of the buildings are connected, so you never have to walk through the snow, through millions of people to get to class in a building that is two miles away (..BYU!...) Andrea seemed to really enjoy it there and now claims to be torn between schools. She seems like she's thinking of trying it out for at least a semester and that way if she doesn't like it, she can go back home. We'll see! We got free ice cream for touring the campus and Andrea got a free UVU shirt. Pretty sweet.

After the tour we headed up to Draper to check out the new, two-story Forever 21 store. Holy cowza it's huge! It's supposedly the biggest one around, and boy, do I believe it! Andrea and I almost went into clothing stimulation overload. We both ended up with some cute 80's neon-ish colored t-shirts (they make us look darker than we actually are!) and Andrea bought a "snap wallet" that she's been looking for the whole trip.

Driving home from the mall we were trying to figure out what to do with the rest of our time, and once we got home we ended up taking naps! It was awesome. We both laid down in the living room here and fell asleep to the sweet sounds of Food Network.

It was so great to have someone to shop with, laugh with, chill with, and take naps with during the day while Tony was away at work. It's been so fun, and I'm sad that she is leaving tomorrow morning! Hopefully there will be more sister visits in the future.

*Sorry we don't have pictures. Both Andrea and I are horrible at remembering to bring our cameras places and when we do, we forget we have them.*

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like it was a fun get together with your sister! I will be needing to get that Chili recipe from Sunday. As we drove home Doug mentioned 2 maybe 4 times how yummy it was. Can you email it to me? Thanks again for having us all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS fun having her around, huh? I felt bad for kind of being a non-factor most of the time, but I still enjoyed it when I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are really making me sad that i don't have a sister :-(
    but so glad you guys had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel bad that you don't have a sister! Sisters sure do rock pretty hard.

    ReplyDelete