3/24/09

Let's Go Fly a Kite

On Saturday Tony and I decided to take advantage of the 74 degree weather. We went to a local park and had a picnic and flew kites! It was really fun.


We started off our adventure with our picnic. I made Cajun Chicken wraps and we had some carrot sticks and fresh pineapple and strawberries and some Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Banana muffins for dessert (low-calorie, if you can believe it). Yummy! Here I am munching down on a carrot. I'm a dork.

Nice view of our picnic spot.

We then had to assemble our kites that we got for $1 at Wal Mart.

Tony successfully assembled Buzz Lightyear. Not pictured: my Barbie kite.

I pretty much rock at flying kites.

Can you see me and my kite? I'm the little speck on the right, and my kite is flyin' high. It's the dark spot up in the middle of the picture.

This was such a fun and inexpensive date! We had a blast and it was so fun to be out in the warm weather. I, being pasty Snow White, got sunburnt (haha) but it was well worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing short of a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow, that kite is WAY up there! Mine always spin in circles and fall to the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!Michael and I just did the same thing for FHE on monday nite. It sounds like you guys were way more successful than us though. Our kites just dragged behind us cause there wasn't enough wind. But it still was fun. How's the job hunt going? Any luck?

    ReplyDelete