3/26/09

My Dream Job

I have quite the announcement, folks. I have a job! Before I reveal my new place of employment, I'd just like to reminisce back to my childhood. Back to about 5th grade......

*wispy clouds and harp music*

One day in my 5th grade life, I went over to my friend Christa Frye's house after school. We were very best friends and played together nearly every day after school. Christa was especially excited for me to come over because she had a brand new toy for us to play with.


Her mom had purchased for her the oh-so-coveted McDonald's Barbie. Do you know the one? She had the most beautiful McDonald's uniform, her own drive-thru window, and miniature fries and burgers to hand out to Ken, Skipper, Kelly, and all her other friends. She even had a headset to work the drive-thru window.



Oh how Christa and I longed to be McDonald's workers. Prestige and reputation weren't important factors as we dreamed of the day when we were 16 and could make french fries like Barbie did. She did it so fashionably, and so well. My dream job was to be a McDonald's crew member and work the drive-thru.



*back to reality*



My job isn't exactly my dream job, but I WILL be working a drive-thru. I'll be at Wendy's instead of McDonald's, but there's not much difference right? Even though this job is just until I find something else, I am going to work that window as beautifully as Barbie did back when I was in fifth grade.


You know you're jealous.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, all the Frosties and chicken nuggets you could want! I truly am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work that window with pride, Hollie! Their nuggets are the closest thing to chicken next to Chick-fil-A, and they have those great little ciabatta bread sandwiches. I bet folks will be pouring in once they find out Barbie is workin' the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete