3/3/09

My Soap is Sexier Than Yours!

Last night as I was showering I was getting excited to use my new moisturizing body wash. I have been suffering from dry, itchy skin and I was hoping my body wash would help with that. Tony also got some manly Old Spice-ish body wash (we buy generic brands) to use in the shower. When I turned to reach for my body wash, I saw this and began laughing:


Do you see? Look at how buff and manly Tony's soap is, and how sleek, sexy, and curvacious mine is. It looks like there's a handsome little soap couple in our shower!

I had to wonder what Western Family was trying to do with this. Did I really buy this soap because it looks like a lean, beautiful woman's body? Was Tony tempted by the wide shoulders of his Old Spice knock off? Are we so into body image that even the shape of our body wash bottles affects our purchases?

As I thought about my skinny little soap bottle I began thinking of all of the people I know who buy products to make them skinnier, prettier, or whatever in record time. We ALL do this, of course, but is it possible that these people would truly buy things based on the fact that the soap bottle has a strong resemblance to a "sexy woman's" body, so that they, too could have a more beautiful figure?

After thinking more, I realized that I was guilty. I began thinking "would I buy a bottle of soap to help my skin be softer and more healthy that looked like Tony's soap?" No way! Even I am guilty of wanting even my SOAP to look sexy!

What about you guys?

1 comment:

  1. This picture is hilarious, and you are right! I am a total sucker for product packaging and promises. I just bought some shampoo yesterday. My head told me I would have the same crappy hair I've always had. My heart told me my hair would soon be smokin' hot. Guess who was right.

    ReplyDelete