3/10/09

Minus the Negative

I've been kind of down lately because it seems like all I do is sit at home and look for jobs all day long. Oh wait, I do sit at home and look for jobs all day! So, I've decided to make a list of all of the positive things going on right now to cure my jobless, school-less, sit-at-home-all-day blues.

+ I am losing weight! It's true. My running and healthier eating are paying off. Whoda thunk?
+I haven't had a bad hair day since January. I love the no humidity Utah climate.
+ I got an A on my Bulgaria internship projects. That means I had a 4.0 semester last Fall! Wahoo!
+ I'm going to see Andrea (my sister) graduate from high school in May. Which means a trip to Indiana, and a trip to see my bestest sisters! (and my parents, too...)
+ This past Saturday Tony and I went on a 4-mile run, and I found a $20 bill on the street!
+ I ran for almost 3 of those 4 miles! Holy cow.
+ I have a concert coming up. Yeah, a concert. I play with a group called the Wasatch Winds. I haven't played a concert in almost a year!
+ The weather is warming up, despite the snowstorm we had yesterday. I am really excited for a 58-degrees Saturday
+ I got a call today for an interview next week. Cross your fingers for me!
+ I just may get some spiffy running shoes this weekend. Prepare yourself, flat feet!
+ I get to go watch Tony play an intramural basketball game. I love seeing those games!
+ I did some laundry today, go me.
+ The Biggest Loser is on tonight, and I'm super pumped for it.
+ I have chairs to sit on. I always think of this when I think about gratitude. One FHE when we were younger, we went around the family circle and spouted off what we were grateful for. Andrea and I gave the typical "family, church, food" answers, but Morgan, being about 5 at the time loudly said "chairs! I am SOO grateful for CHAIRS!" We all laughed but quickly realized that we should be grateful for chairs as well.
+ I have a wonderful husband who supports me in everything I do, and encourages me through my unemployment period :)

This felt good to think about. I encourage everyone to do this! It's really nice to think about all of the GOOD things that are happening right now instead of dwelling on the not-so-fun things.

No comments:

Post a Comment