8/6/09

Excitement

Recently I've found myself just plain excited. I can't put my finger on why I'm so giddy lately, but it feels really nice to be so excited about life. I seem to have much better days and not as many things bother me as before. I keep trying to figure out what I'm so excited about, and I can only thing of the following things to attribute my happiness to:

1. August 18th- our 3 year anniversary. Wow. I really love anniversaries because it's like a day set aside to just appreciate each other. Plus, it's another "na na na boo boo" that I've made it this far without a "surprise" baby. When I was engaged it bugged me so bad that everyone was like "you'll be a mom this time next year" so every anniversary is more proof that I'm responsible. :) Don't worry, I'm not anti-baby. I'm just anti-"right-now"-baby. That could change soon enough, so don't get your britches tangled! I do indeed want a family.

2. School starts August 31st! I know most people are dreading their first day of school, but I haven't been to actual classes on BYU's campus in...almost two years! With the Bulgaria internship last fall, and my deferrment mess this Winter semester, the last time I was in classes on campus was January of 2008. I'm really excited to start learning again and to FINISH learning! Yep, it's my final year at BYU. I'm not sure where I'll go from there, but we'll see, I guess!

3. Tony's birthday is September 6th. I love love love Tony's birthday because I get to buy him things he wants! I really love giving Tony gifts. Plus, I get stuff that I want all the time because he spoils me so it feels nice when Tony gets showered with some of his "wants" and not just his "needs". This year I want to have the big family party at our place, since it's big enough now. Yay!

4. My birthday is October 8th, but I don't care because October 15th we're going to Disneyland! We're little money savers and we're going to take a little trip to our honeymoon destination! I'm so excited for the hotel, the beaches, the Mickey Mouse (I never saw him last time) and everything else we're going to do in Anaheim! We've been talking about Disneyland a lot lately and we both agree that we will resist the temptation to ride the Peter Pan ride or any other of those dinky little princess rides. On our honeymoon we waited 2 hours in Peter Pan's line (we thought we should ride some classic rides) almost died of heat stroke and wasted two hours of our life for a tripped out ride that we probably should have been high on something to enjoy more. It was nice and cool in the ride, but definitely not worth a two hour wait. We're more excited for rides like Indiana Jones, The Tower of Terror, and Space Mountain, even though I almost threw up on Space Mountain. Indiana Jones is MY personal favorite and we rode it 5 times last time we were there. Yay Disneyland!

5. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. From about August to February we 've got something exciting once a month! Thanksgiving this year will be okay, it will just be Tony and me because Tony's family is going to San Fransisco to be with Carleigh this Thanksgiving. We could go other places, I'm sure, but we're kind of looking forward to making our own feast.

Christmas will be spend in Indiana if all goes according to plan. We haven't been there on Christmas day in two years. Last year we planned on it, but my family wanted us to come out for Andrea's graduation in May plus we had been traveling madmen with Bulgaria. So, that should be fun.


Sorry to go on about all of this, but I just love this excited feeling I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment