8/24/09

Contacts and Bats

Well, it seems as if I chose a race that was a little too soon to train for. It's quite alright, though. There are plenty of 5Ks around to do. That one did sound pretty fun, but I want to run it well and make sure I can get the goal. I won't be Beating Beethoven this year.

In other news, I have been trying to get used to contacts this week. I started wearing them 4 hours the first day and I am supposed to increase my time by 2 hours each day until I get to "all day" wear. They're not too bad, really. I love being able to see 100% without hauling my glasses around. My eyesight wasn't horrible, but have contacts all the time is making my life so easy, and my headaches haven't been happening as much.

Putting them in was a little scary at first, but now I'm a pro at it. It's just the taking them out that I can't get a hang of. It takes me like 15 minutes to get them out. Is this normal?? I have to be doing some sort of damage to my eye by poking it that many times. Maybe I need to reconsider my form.

I'm really excited to have contacts for school. Wearing my glasses during lectures was so annoying, and it made my nose really sore and oily by the end of the day. Now I'll be able to see those powerpoints easy-cheesy! School starts a week from today and I'm getting quite anxious. I'm excited to start learning again. I'm also excited to graudate at the end of this year.

Nothing too exciting going on right now. We DO have a bat living in our hallway. We've named him Battier, after Shane Battier from the Houston Rockets.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I was just browsing really quick cause my boyfriend just got home, but I had to comment, I am wearing my glasses right now, and I am hating life! LOL :) I have 30 day contacts, which I can leave in that long, and I am SO SPOILED, I love being able to see when I wake up in the middle of the night without having to put on my glasses, and I keep running them into things when I try to cuddle with my cats! :) I have to rest my eyes from my contacts (well, supposed to, don't usually feel like I HAVE to) like for a week every month or so, and I don't do it as often as I should, so I'm hatin it! I hope you are totally comfortable in your contacts soon, they are so convenient when they are comfy and it took me awhile to find a brand that was comfy enough for me :) Have a great night! --Cyn :)

    ReplyDelete