5/3/11

Fruit Lady

I haven't had a lot of cravings this pregnancy. I've had a lot of "cravings" (things I just felt like pigging out on that I blamed on pregnancy) but no true foods that my body just wanted and needed. The one craving I have had is fruit. Beautiful, colorful, delicious fruit.

I seriously just can't get enough of it! Prior to my pregnancy if we got fruit at Costco it was often a waste of money because we couldn't consume the large quantities in time. Since about month 6, however, Costco fruit has been a weekly purchase in our home, and I eat most of it. I'm glad my craving is a healthy one at least!

I realized how bad its gotten today when I was checking out at Costco. Here's the list of things on the conveyer belt:

-4 lbs strawberries
-1 large clamshell blueberries
-1 large clamshell raspberries
-a box with probably 12 kiwis in it
-a box of frozen all-natural fruit bars (26 total!) - I've already eaten two today :)

Upon ringing me up, the little checker lady started giggling. I grinned at her, wondering what the heck she was doing, and asked, "what?" She said, "I can TOTALLY tell what you're craving!" I had to laugh, and I wasn't embarrassed because hey! It's fruit for crying out loud! No one can call me a pig for eating too much FRUIT. I know, I know.... fruit even has calories. I just feel justified in pigging out on fruit instead of cheese puffs.

In other pregnancy news, this baby is getting insanely close to being here! I can officially say that she'll be here NEXT MONTH. I am so excited but sometimes I have moments of sheer panic about all of this baby business. This usually happens when I'm alone and bored. I'm really excited to not be pregnant anymore, though. This being a huge, clumsy whale thing is getting old really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment