4/27/11

Doctor Follow-Up

Yesterday was my doctor's appointment. I was really nervous to go because of all of the stuff that happened in Florida, but I was excited to make sure that baby was okay. The wait in the waiting room seemed to be an eternity and finally when they called me back and began taking all of my vitals, the nurse got a very concerned look on her face after taking my blood pressure. Oh great. When I asked her what was wrong, she asked me to put my arm up and squeeze my hand over and over. After doing this, she took my BP again, then had me walk up and down the hallways. Third time's the charm, I guess, as my BP was completely normal after my little walk. This was really strange for me because I am notorious for my low blood pressure readings. The nurse told me that sometimes the cuff she was using was a little wacky.

The doctor came in and we talked about Florida, and he smiled throughout the entire discussion. He said I was fine and to let him know about any more "excitement." He said I probably just did too much. I wish I would have had HIM in Florida with me! We could have made our flight home!! He told me that they were probably overly cautious with me because I was an out-of-towner that they hadn't seen before. Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

So, baby and I are all a-okay. She had a healthy heart rate, I'm measuring right on track, and the doctor was pleased with her activity level (though sometimes I wish she'd chill out a bit). I'm actually very glad that she moves a lot, because if something were wrong, I'd know in an instant. This little girl moves all day long it seems.

Only 7 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment