12/1/11

Feeling Lazy

I was never one to keep my house spotless.  There has always been clutter here and there. However, since Audrey came around my house is kind of a disaster zone.  I get everything all picked up and then it seems like 3 hours later there are dirty clothes all over the floor, bibs in the kitchen, dishes in the sink, spit up on the carpet and couch, sweet potatoes on the walls, and it goes on and on.  It's really hard for me to keep up with things how I'd like.  I stay at home with Audrey so it seems like there would be plenty of time for me to tidy up, but I realized today that even though I don't have a job, I'm a very busy lady. 


Audrey is SO much fun now.  You can see her learn things and absorb everything we say to her.  She's getting more mobile and has more control over her motor skills and it's prime time for teaching her new things.  When Audrey is awake I try my hardest to create learning situations.  I take her around the house and tell her what things are, or we go to the store and look at fun things.  (I'm sure I've gotten some funny looks as I talk to Audrey while we browse the canned vegetable aisle!) We work on rolling, crawling, and standing up.  I keep busy with Audrey during her waking hours and when she goes down for a nap, I need some grown up, momma time.  During this time where I could probably get lots of cleaning done, I plop on the couch and just sit quietly by myself and play on my computer or watch TV.  It used to make me feel lazy but I have to always tell myself that I need breaks, too.  The house being messy is nowhere near as important as helping Audrey learn and grow, and that will always be a priority for me.

So, I WILL sit here and watch Ellen while I look at crafts on Pinterest I know I'll never make; and I'll feel darn good about the things I've done with Audrey today.

I hope all of you can take some lazy moments to recharge your batteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment