1/12/12

Mushy Gushy Mama

Audrey has been a rough sleeper lately due to teething.  My sleeping champion quickly went from sleeping 10 hours straight to staying up until midnight and waking up every few hours, making for a very tired mama.  Last night she did a bit better, but I'm still trying to catch up on sleep from the night before when I fell asleep at 6:30 AM.

She woke up quite chipper at 8am and it took everything inside me to lug my body out of my warm bed and tend to her.  I fed her and hoped that she would fall back to sleep in bed with me like she sometimes does.  Nah.  Audrey was ready to play!  Sometimes I wonder if she somehow sneaks sugar before I wake up.  She is always bouncing off the walls and I am dead tired.  So, we stayed up and I was ultra-grumpy about it.  Judge all you want, but sleep deprivation brings out the worst in all of us. 

Around 11 Audrey was getting a little antsy and whiney and she had been fed and was clean so we did what anyone would do...we went to Target.  I always try to go out once a day with Audrey so I don't lose my mind.  We just look around, Audrey likes to check out all of the other little kids, and we generally have a good time.

Audrey seemed thrilled to get in the car and go somewhere with me.  She loves sitting in the shopping cart so she immediately began dancing once I put her in.  I got a soft pretzel and shared a bite with her, which she seemed thankful for.  She drank from the water bottle all by herself, and asked me for more to drink.  (She technically did the sign for "milk" but I knew what she meant.)  She gabbed away the whole time, giggling and smiling at everyone she met.  When it was time to go and I picked her up from the cart seat she put her head on my shoulder and laughed, almost as if she was thanking me for the awesome time we had at Target. 

I know it seems really simple and sounds like an every day occurrence, but it was special today.  It was a day I want to always remember.  We had fun together and she's just growing up too darn fast.  I wanted to push the pause button that moment she "hugged" me.   It was really nice to see that she really loves just being with me and it made me regret being such a grump.  She's totally worth the bags and dark circles under my eyes and never ending "get ready quick" ponytails I sport.  She's my pal and I love her! 

She's just settled into a nap so I think I'm going to go SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment