1/29/12

So S.A.D.

It happens to me every year.  Right around mid-to-late January I get an itch to be somewhere warm, on a beach, in a swimsuit.  I begin hating Utah weather (even though this year has been really quite mild!) and I get sad that I'm not rich and famous and don't own my own private island near Bermuda.

I've said it for years.  My friends, I'm a SAD sufferer.

I certainly don't help my Seasonal Affective Disorder by lusting after trips to Mexico and the Bahamas on Travelocity.  I don't know why it happens, but I just really need a vacation to someplace WARM and SUNNY.  If I were a millionaire, I'd spend a good chunk of my winter on a warm beach sipping some sort of delicious frozen beverage.

But, alas, I am here and I am certainly not a millionaire.

So begins my quest to find a "staycation" that fulfills my needs.  It also needs to be nearly free, ha ha.  I have a feeling that I will just need to tough it out until the hot summer months come to Utah and keep away from travel websites.

What do you do to fight the winter blues?




No comments:

Post a Comment