3/23/12

DAD!

I can see it already.  My darling little baby is completely enamored with her dad.  Of course, this  makes me happy, because it means she has a good bond with her father, who is an incredibly good man.  This "daddy's girl" stuff is emerging sooner than I thought, though, and I fear I may be pushed to the side sooner than I anticipated. :)  I read this blog post called The Third Wheel and I just know in a few short months this will be my lot in life.  How do I know this?  I'll give you just a *few* examples.
  • When I go in to fetch Audrey after she's finished her nap I say, "Hi Audrey!"  She looks around, looks at me, and says, "dad?"
  • Audrey loves looking at family pictures.  I'll point to each of us and say our names.  "Baby Audrey!" She gets excited.  "Dada!"  She kicks her legs even more excited.  "Mama!" I say .... she points to Tony's picture and says "dada!" 
  • Last night Audrey and I were having quite the giggle fest waiting for Tony to come home.  As soon as she heard him open the door, her head quickly swung to the direction of our entryway and she screamed, "DAD!" and our giggle fest ended as quickly as it began.
  • Today I ran out to get the mail while Audrey was eating a snack in her chair.  She heard the door shut. "Dad!" she exclaimed.  I had the job of informing her that no, it wasn't dad, just stinky old mom :).  She was clearly frustrated.
I've got a serious case of "Daddy's Girl" on my hands over here.  I think it's super adorable and Tony deserves the honor of Audrey being president of his fan club.  Plus, there are TWO great and amazing things I've gotten out of Audrey being head-over-heels for her daddy.  1) first word, anyone??? and 2) she's got a dad that throws all that love right back at her and then some and it's clear she can tell.  I just hope she doesn't forget me in all of the daddy madness :).





No comments:

Post a Comment