3/10/12

Fixing Cream Cheese Fruit Dip

Because of the lack of information on this subject, I feel like it is my duty to provide the internet with some valuable knowledge I acquired last night.

Last night I was making a very large quantity of fruit dip for a catering job I was doing today and despite beating the cream cheese to soften it for 15 minutes in addition to letting it sit out to get to room temperature, my dip became a lumpy mess after I added the other ingredients.  It seriously looked like cottage cheese.  I tried all of the remedies I found online and nothing worked.  I let it sit for an hour to hopefully soften the cream cheese, I just kept beating it and beating it, I tried putting it near the warm stove to soften it, and none of it worked.

By this time it was 11pm and I was freaking out that my dip looked disgusting for the party.  I finally came up with the idea to try and put it in the food processor to break up the chunks of cream cheese and hopefully smooth it out.

It worked!!!!


Much to my surprise my food processor quickly turned my lumpy cottage cheese fruit dip into smooth, creamy, beautifully fluffy dip!  I just had to post this so that I can possibly help a young woman such as myself who is up at 11pm panicking about her fruit dip.  Never fear, the food processor is your friend!

You're welcome :)

1 comment: