3/13/12

The Official 9 Month Report

I felt like I needed to follow up my "mom guilt" post with something happy and encouraging (besides my brilliant idea to fix lumpy fruit dip) so I thought I'd report on Audrey at her 9 month milestone.  I haven't been super great at updating "stats" with Audrey and after reading my good friend's blog and seeing how well she documents her cute little son's life, I thought I should follow her example and write some things down so I'll remember them one day.

Last week was Audrey's 9 month check up even though her 9 month "birthday" was the week before.  I could tell that Audrey was nervous as we went into the pediatrician's office.  I think she's starting to remember that place.  I feel so bad that every time we're there she gets poked!  She had to get her iron levels tested so they had to draw blood this time.  It was only one poke that probably hardly hurt, but because the nurses were holding her foot, she freaked out.

I was glad to have the opportunity to talk to the doctor about Audrey possibly weaning and my guilt that was coming with it.  Our pediatrician is notoriously blunt (one of the reasons why we liked him, he gives us straight no-crap answers) and when I told him what was happening and how I was feeling he simply said,  "You are absolutely fine."  He explained to me that as babies get older, smarter, and more mobile that they prefer a bottle so they can still check things out around them.  When they nurse they have a very limited view.  He told me to embrace the fact that she's smart and inquisitive and wants to see the world around her.  I thought he would try to push me into nursing as long as I can but he told me if either of us isn't interested in nursing anymore, just stop, no big deal.  I'm sure if I went to a lactation consultant it would have been different, but that's why I didn't go there, ha ha.  I told him that while I had *zero* intentions of nursing Audrey until she's two, that I felt the tiniest twinge of guilt after reading all of the recommendations from Le Leche League and other organizations devoted to breastfeeding.  He seemed to not be a fan of going until two, either.  He was really pleased that Audrey was trying all kinds of table foods.  Even though deep inside I know I'm doing an okay job raising Audrey, it's always nice to hear a professional tell me so. :)

After going over Audrey's measurements, her doctor told me that I was doing everything right to help her grow.  He said I should stay guilt-free as long as she keeps growing how she is.

Weight:  19.5 lbs  62nd%
Height:  28.5  89th%
Head Circumference:  18.5 in  99th%!

Audrey's got some big ol' brains in her noggin!  Her little marker is waaay off the charts, but I don't think there's a 100th percentile so 99 is as high as they could write it.  No wonder none of her clothes fit over her head....

Audrey's Favorites
Food: avocados
Song: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse "Mouskedoer" song
Toy: Baby iPhone and Lovey Bunny
Person: D-A-D!

3 comments:

  1. I like it because i was seeking for such type of info.
    I hope it benefits all one who land up here.
    Thanks for sharing!!
    2006 Mazda 3 Series AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say this in hopes that you'll be relieved but Elise weighed in when she was born in 101 percentile. And some lady in my ward had hers reach 115 th percentile. Audrey is awful cute and her head seems just right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ped. sounds exactly right to me! Glad he told you what you were hoping to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete