6/25/12

Another Grocery Store Post

The grocery store used to be a place of escape for me during the day.  It was an opportunity to get out of the house and Audrey always loved going out and looking around.  Lately, that's not the case.  I dread going to the store with Audrey.  She hates the cart, she hates sitting there for that long, she hates that I won't give her everything she wants, she just hates the store.  It's gotten to the point where as she sees the store when we pull up she starts crying.

Mondays are our grocery days, so I had to gear up today for another stressful time at the store.  I was surprised at how well Audrey did this time, though!  She asked me what things were and was pretty chill for the most part until we got to the....wait for it....MEAT SECTION.  Yep, that's right.  Not the toy aisle, not even the candy aisle, but the meat section.  As we browsed through the meat for our meals this week Audrey spotted a pot roast, asked for it, and got denied.  I'm not making roast this week, so I kindly told her "sorry, we're not getting pot roast!"

She.

Lost.

It.

The rest of the trip was not very fun.  It was me running as fast as I could through aisles, sweating like a pig, and trying to calm down my tantrum-throwing baby who was freaking out because she wanted a pot roast.  The only thing that calmed her down was the samples they were handing out today.  She was even asking for them herself by doing the sign for "more" to the workers handing them out. 

Looking back, it's pretty funny that Audrey lost her crap over a pot roast.  I blame Tony for her loving meat so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment