6/14/12

Audrey Turns ONE!

Let me just begin by saying that where I come from, first birthday parties are huge deals.  The party I threw for Audrey was "casual" by those standards.  Having said that, here's a rundown of Audrey's first birthday party!

The theme I chose was "You Are My Sunshine."  I sing it often to her before bed, and since she has a summer birthday I wanted something sunny and bright.  Thanks to Pinterest, I got PLENTY of ideas and may have gone a bit crazy with some things :).  I made all of the decorations, cake(s), and designed the invitations in Photoshop.  It turned out pretty cute, and Audrey seemed to have a fun time.

Here are (tons of) picture from her "You Are My Sunshine" first birthday:

Dessert table




Homemade cake and fondant flowers
Food table, tried to get a picture of the banner I made...it was too windy!
Ah, that's better :)
While mama and grandma were stressing out, Audrey was her normal goofball self and played all over the playground.

Cake smash time!!












It was so fun to plan her birthday party, and it was fun to watch her enjoy it.  Lucky little duck got to fly to Indiana with me a week later and have ANOTHER birthday party!  Our little sunshine is a toddler now!  I can't wait to throw her more parties in the future.

Love you, Audrey Bear!

2 comments:

  1. The party decor was amazing! So impressed! Happy Birthday, cute Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looked so well done, Hollie! I loved the sunny decor, and it was very cute and creative. It was fun to see you guys, but I agree, not enough time! :( I don't know how much time you'll have for visiting when you're back in Indiana, but hopefully I can at least come to the wedding reception and visit more then. Audrey's such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete