7/15/12

Dieting Can Be Fun

Tony and I started the Game On diet with my parents four weeks ago.  It's kind of a competition that gets you eating pretty "clean" food.  We always get a day off, so that's nice, but we've really enjoyed this new lifestyle.  We feel better and we're being better examples to Audrey. (If you want more info on it, you can ask me, or go to the website.  There's a whole book on it as well.)

You can't have any refined or processed sugars on this diet, only naturally-found stuff, so when the sweets craving hits you're kind of limited to fruit or yogurt.  I was determined to find something we could have that was a delicious treat.

Insert these little angels:

Property of Live Learn Love Eat
Sugar-free, oil-free pumpkin bread muffins!!  I have to admit I was skeptical.  I wasn't sure that these would taste like anything but they are DE-LICIOUS.  Audrey couldn't get enough of them!  She was shoveling them in as fast as she could.  They're a healthy option, full of vitamins, and fulfill that sweets craving I've been having this weekend.  I'm excited to have these for breakfast in the morning!

(I did make some changes to this recipe.  I used whole wheat flour instead of spelt flour, because it's what I had on hand.  I also omitted the ginger because we're not big fans of that spice.)

It just goes to show you that you can eat yummy treats while on a "diet"!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I have been wanting a treat that was "legal." These sound delicious! Thanks for posting it! :)

    Glad to know I am not the only one that is trying to eat "clean!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, they rock. Even Tony loves them (that's how you know they're good, haha!) Audrey has eaten most of them so if you plan on sharing with the kids, I might double the recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete