7/16/12

The Things My Daughter Plays With

I've had to go crazy with the baby-proofing lately.  At first I was (stupidly) hoping that Audrey would not be interested in opening kitchen cabinets and drawers and I wouldn't have to drill in the stoppers.  Well, as you probably guessed, that didn't work out.  The stoppers keep her from completely opening the drawers but she somehow still digs out random kitchen gadgets that she's become quite fond of.  When I worked as a nanny, I always thought it was so interesting the things the little girl I cared for would carry around or "collect" but now I'm getting my own taste of that quirky behavior.  Here are some of Audrey's new pals:





She can always be seen carrying one of these items around as she walks through the house.  She rotates through them pretty frequently so I can't say she has a favorite.  She is currently napping with her ice cream scoop right now.  Luckily the things I have in my lower kitchen drawers are all pretty safe things.  The baby-proofing is more for keeping my sanity than for safety :).  If she could open those drawers all the way we would constantly have the entire contents on the floor. 

It's so fun/funny to see Audrey's quirks starting to come out.  Another new "thing" she has is that she will not eat if there is an open container on the table.  For example, if I for some reason forget to screw on the lid to the peanut butter jar she points and says "mama" until I close it, then proceeds as usual with her lunch.  The other day we were helping our friends move and they graciously ordered pizza for all of us.  Audrey wouldn't eat hers until the boxes were shut.  I suppose being a tidy person is a quirk I can deal with.  Let's just hope she carries it over to cleaning her room when she's older.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny, Hollie! I love hearing the funny/weird quirks that kids have. I relinquished my kitchen items to Eli a long time ago, but thankfully he's never had to sleep with them! Haha!

    ReplyDelete