9/23/12

To the Zoo

We decided to go the zoo this weekend.  The weather was perfect and we thought Audrey would appreciate it since she's been really into animal books lately.  We were also excited to see the new Rocky Shores exhibit there and see the new polar bear!

We started out with the monkeys.  Audrey thought they were cats, haha.  She LOVED being able to walk around this time.  She was squealing the entire time, running around.


Playing in the hollow log...

 Right by the seal/sea Lion exhibit was this friendly little seal statue.  Audrey was pretty fascinated by it.


Okay, this next picture is kind of a funny story.  Near the new Rocky Shores exhibit there was a little gift shop.  I wandered over to look at it because I spotted some small stuffed otters.  We call Audrey "Otter" as a nickname so I thought it would be cute to get her one.  Audrey followed me over to the shop and ran straight for this bald eagle toy.  We showed her bears, seals, and the otter and she wanted nothing to do with them.  She snuggled this eagle and just like that, the otter was out.  You can see her clinging to it in the rest of the pictures.  It's funny how kids just make up their minds about stuff.  We keep wondering what it was about that little eagle that made her love it so much.  I totally would have chosen the bear or the otter.  They were WAY cuter, haha.


The polar bear walking around.  I was sad that we didn't get to see her swim. :(


Checking out some porcupines...






I thought this was a cool picture I snagged of the snow leopard.

After our zoo trip we ate dinner at a place called the Blue Plate Diner.  I had heard lots of good things about it and it was pretty cheap.  It was a typical greasy-spoon diner type place but we all liked it.  Audrey ate nearly half a hamburger, I had a Reuben, and Tony got a meatloaf sandwich.  Like I said, greasy, but YUMMY!  I would go back again.  It's a total dive but I liked it a lot.

Hooray for fun weekends!  Now Tony says we can't complain when he goes to work tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment