10/11/12

My Little Parrot

Audrey is at that special age where you really have to watch what you say in front of her.  She is the most observant creature I've ever met, and picks up on things very quickly.  Lately she's really been experimenting with new sounds and words and it's made me realize the things I must say regularly on a daily basis.  She has some of the funniest phrases memorized, and whips them out at just the right moments.

Here are some examples:

(in the car)
Me:  Audrey? Are you sleeping back there?
Audrey: It's okay, babe.

----
Me: Audrey, time to change your diaper!
Audrey: Second, please!  (copying my "give me one second, please")
----
Me: Can you eat your sandwich, please?
Audrey: Two bites.  One, two.  Two bites.
----
Audrey: (bringing her shoes to me) Bye!  Goin' to work!
----
Audrey: (snuggling her bunny) Awww, it's my baaaby.
----
Audrey walked into the bathroom while I was fixing my hair and said, "aw, soo pretty!"
----
Me:  Audrey, you're so silly!
Audrey: (points at me) PUMPKIN HEAD! *giggles*
----
Me: Audrey, I'm making dinner.
Audrey: Stop it!
not so proud of this one, lol
----
While Audrey waits for her milk to warm in the microwave she gives a proper countdown:  "3...2...1....BLASTOFF!"
----
Me:  Audrey, which car is our car?
Audrey: Favorite rocket ship!
Too much Little Einsteins, anyone??
----
Me:  Audrey, I'm going to clean up your toys, want to help?
Audrey:  I don't think so!
----
Audrey: (standing by the door)  Outside!  Want to??
----
Audrey: (upon sitting down on my lap after bringing me the book she'd like to read for bedtime)  Okay, ready?  


I'm sure there's more, but that's all I could come up with right now. It's just hilarious that she's picked up on all of these different things Tony and I say to her.  She also started to repeat things she overhears from our conversations.  We'll be talking in the car and suddenly we'll hear Audrey pipe up from the backseat with a word she heard us use.  We really have to start being careful what we talk about now!  Not that we would talk about anything unsavory, of course ;).
    


2 comments:

  1. Ha! She is too much fun! Sadie seriously misses her! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! She sounds just like my niece, Holly. Such an amazing, creative talker from such a young age! Very funny.

    ReplyDelete