10/16/12

Our Fabulous Fall

Fall has always been my favorite season.  It's the most colorful season, there's my birthday, and it's a perfect transition from summer clothes to my fall wardrobe (which I like more than my summer, for some reason).  It always brings back fond memories of football games, marching band, homemade chili, and weenie roasts at my grandma's house.

Experiencing Fall with Audrey has made it a thousand times better than I ever remembered it.  It's so awesome to watch her experience all of these things for the first time and just be so in love with all of it.  She's been helping me create more Fall memories that I will cherish and keep with me forever.  She's grown to love (obsessively) pumpkins, and any time we're out and she spots one, she'll point, and squeal "PUNKINS!"  When we go to the Halloween section of any store she'll always warn me, "he'll get you!" about the scary guys hanging out there.  Just this past weekend she's discovered the joy of stomping on and crunching the leaves that have fallen from our tree in the backyard.  Our grapes are always ready for picking in the Fall, and we've spent many evenings just the three of us outside, talking, giggling, and eating grapes straight off the vine.  Audrey's even learned to go over and pick a bunch for herself.  I wish I could bottle all of it up and save it forever. 

Here are some picture of our Fall so far.

On our stroll on the Provo River trail.  I love the mountains in the Fall!

This Fall is when Audrey learned to go down slides all on her own!  She is so proud.

When we got our Halloween decorations out, Audrey fell in love with these cat ears.  She often pretends to be a cat, and has insisted on wearing them out in public.  Grocery stores, the library, you name it.  The girl's got no shame.

We went with our playgroup to Pumpkin land at a garden center nearby.  Audrey had fun teasing these goats and squealed when they would stick their heads out to get her.

It's not Fall until you get some new Fall boots!  I just love her little boots, so stinkin' cute.

Papa Murphy's sells a Jack-o-Lantern pizza this time of year.  We were both pretty shocked that Audrey knew that this was a pumpkin!  She loved it, and it was pretty tasty, too.  (Also, only $7!)

Pictures from Thanksgiving Point's Cornbelly's.  We picked out our pumpkins and had some fun!


Audrey somehow made it through this maze ;)

Way up high!  (Mom was too scared to go up)





This next picture is a random one, but I wanted to share it so I could document it on my blog and remember it.  Last night I put Audrey in the bath and went to grab a washcloth from the cabinet.  I turned around to see that she had pulled Lovey Bunny into the bath with her!  The two of them were having a ball in the water together, but it was nearly bedtime and Bunny was DRENCHED.  I had to pry him from her hands and we threw him in the dryer after ringing him out for about five minutes.  He still wasn't all the way dry for bedtime, but Audrey didn't mind.

She really loves her buddy Lovey Bunny!  

Hooray for Fall, pumpkins, and baths with our best friends! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Fall is the most wonderful time of the year, and I also love how much more magical it becomes when you get to share the joys of it with your little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete