2/2/13

"Fun" February

It's been ridiculously cold here in Utah this winter.  I'm talking highs in the teens cold.  When it's that cold it means Audrey and I are stuck in the house together.  Audrey is the type of kid that needs to get out and do something or she turns into a terror.  She's just so active and when she gets too bored her destructive side comes out.  Crayons on walls, whole bags of bread in the toilet, you name it, she's done it.  It's hard to be mad at her, because I completely understand her boredom.

I was browsing on Pinterest and found a ton of ideas for activities with toddlers and pinned a bunch of them for future reference.  I also know a lot of fun and educational/developmentally appropriate activities from my preschool teaching days, but in the "heat of the moment" I don't think to do some of them with Audrey.  I know she'd love them, I just never think to do anything like that for some reason.

So, I've declared this month FUN FEBRUARY!!!  All it means is that at least 2-3 times a week, I have an activity to do with Audrey.  It doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive, just something to keep her busy and help her explore things a bit.

Since yesterday was February 1st, we had our first February Fun Day.  It was easy and simple.  Blue Play Doh.  Audrey loved it and impressed me by making "circles" with it!  I think if I follow through with this, February could be a really awesome month for the two of us. 





Putting in play doh and then launching it out of the container was super fun. :)


I'd say she liked it!  (And she's got her Pacers shirt on just for you, dad)

Our next activity:  Finger paints!  I've got some other fun ones planned involving sorting, fine motor skills, and physical fitness.  My mom told me about this cool website called Adventure to Fitness and I'm going to try it out with Audrey one day.  Anything to get those wiggles out!  I'm excited to try these new things with Audrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment